Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Have you ever..."

"Yes I have, twice."
"And you still have all your teeth?"

My quotable lines of the night aren't usually this long, but I made an exception. Went out for drinks with Mary last night, and I sat between drunk Mary and drunk anonymous dude (who insisted he was a sheriff, but didn't look a day over 16 years old) listening to the funniest exchange of words I've heard in a long time...ok, so maybe you don't think it's that funny, but I did and that's what counts.

Anywho...


Guess who I met the week before last? Wow, good guess.
Yup, that's Cheryl Oberle of Folk Shawls, Folk Vests and Knitted Jackets. I had asked a lady to take a picture of us together, and she thought she did. Zoe had the foresight to snap one of her too, so that's all I have. She is so nice!

Aside from that, Zoe has pinkeye. It's kinda cute really, mostly because it's funny to look at and hasn't started to bug her yet. She was at the store with me today and I didn't have anything to cover her eye with so I taped a folded up tissue to her face (so she wouldn't infect anyone else). It was awesome, pirate jokes and yarrrrn.

Work continues on the ridiculous amount of yarn to spin, and I've knitted up a nice swatch which now keeps me motivated. Also keeping me motivated is the equally ridiculous commitment I've made by signing up 2 skeins of yarn and a knitted item for the Great Alpaca Show competition in May. I'm starting to freak. I know it seems like a couple of months away to the rest of you, but lest you forget I have a store to reorganize, a kid to raise and two volunteer positions to maintain. Oh yeah, and a couple of births coming up. Oh my God, I need a paper bag...


No comments:

Post a Comment