Wednesday, February 11, 2009

baby back

Meet Macel and Bruce! They run a small alpaca farm in Kansas, Kaw Valley Alpacas. Zoe and I had the pleasure of visiting them on Monday, and they were oh so wonderful. They even let me walk away with 3 bags of fleece in return for handspun yarn :)

Zoe scaring even the most loved of alpacas...


I think (hard to keep track) this lovely black beauty below is the contributor of some fleece I get to spin...Ebony


I didn't really get a chance to go yarn shopping while I was out this time, but I did get a chance to stop in to the Yarn Barn in Lawrence. They were great, and had a stellar selection of spinning supplies and fibers. I walked away with some beautiful hand-dyed merino (among other things), and lost about a day of my life spinning this when I got back...

Truly, madly, deeply. I'm in love :)

Aside from the travel adventures, I am delighted to have my baby back. I missed her so...

No comments:

Post a Comment