Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Great Western Alpaca Show

All four skeins I entered into competition this year placed! Yay!

We had fun this year, even Claus (ever the sweetie) sucked it up and took one for the team. He even faked excitement for a second or two :)







Alpacas...sigh...can't wait




And Galina Khmeleva! This amazing woman must simply be one of the nicest, sweetest and charming persons I have ever met in my life! Galina judged the handspun this year, and while I missed the chance to talk over judges comments this time she was teaching classes when I came, so I got to meet and talk to her! To my utter astonishment, she really like one of my skeins so I gave it to her. What an amazing woman! I highly recommend her lace book, which you can find by clicking here. This is her website (along with her charming and wonderful husband), and is really worth taking a few moments.



Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment